Child Safety at Beechworth Montessori
Beechworth Montessori School will ensure that all children in our care are protected to the best of our ability and in line with our duty of care and compliance with the eleven Child Safe Standards as specified by the Ministerial Order No. 1359 – Implementing the Child Safe Standards - Managing the risk of child abuse in schools and school boarding premises.
As a child safe organisation we take deliberate steps to protect children from physical, sexual, emotional and psychological abuse and neglect. Our school puts children’s safety and wellbeing first and embeds a commitment to child safety in every aspect of our organisation.
We provide a culturally safe and inclusive environment which does not ignore, challenge or deny cultural identity. Cultural safety includes being provided with a safe, nurturing and positive environment where Aboriginal children feel comfortable expressing their culture, including their spiritual and belief systems.
We are inclusive and welcoming of all children and families with particular attention to:
- The cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
- The cultural safety of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds including international students.
- Children with a disability.
- Children who are unable to live at home or are impacted by family violence.
- Children and young people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+).
- Other students experiencing risk or vulnerability.
This page includes documents concerning the protection of children under the Victorian Governments Child Safe Standards.
- Child Safe Environment Policy
- Child Safe Working with children check policy
- Child Safe Code of Conduct agreement for staff and volunteers
- Duty of Care Policy
Responding to Suspected Child Abuse:
Our Child Safety Officers are:
- Ben Sockett (Principal)
- Tameeka Thommers (Early Years Leader)
- Lynn Frerichs (Committee of Management member)