A sustainable learning centre providing excellence in child-focused Montessori education for 0 – 12 year olds.
As our children take their first steps towards independence, our aim is to provide them with a warm, positive and inspiring experience of education – one that will build a foundation of a love of lifelong learning.
- Relationships within and between all members of our school community including students, staff, parents, Committee of Management and the broader community.
- A connected and cohesive school community and appreciate the valuable contributions and support provided.
- The philosophy and principles of Montessori education and endeavour to deliver our education program with honesty and integrity.
- Excellence in Montessori education that caters for the needs of the individual student in a peaceful and respectful learning environment.
Beechworth Montessori Principles
The school logo depicts a peacock which in many cultures represents kindness, compassion, wisdom and patience. For a period of time, a wild peacock adopted our school as its home and spent several years as a free bird that chose to live within our grounds.
Beechworth Montessori provides an enriching, holistic education for children, guided by Montessori philosophy and curriculum, in a peaceful and harmonious learning environment.
Our philosophy is:
“Fostering the Potential of Every Child – Education for Life”
Beechworth Montessori School aims to encourage respect for one’s self, respect for others, and respect for property, including the environment. A safe, secure and cooperative environment is provided through a climate of active listening and communication, positive role modelling, human relations education and through adherence to a fair and effective set of procedures. These are basic principles of behaviour to be practiced by ALL members of our school community.
Leadership and Service Management
“It is responsibility that a leader should feel, not the authority of his position.” - Maria Montessori
The Principal and Committee of Management will be Montessori orientated and understand the specific aspects of the Montessori pedagogy whilst maintaining compliance in an educational climate of increasing accountability. Effective leadership promotes a positive organisational culture and builds a professional learning community. Administrative systems enable the effective management of a quality service through enabling continuous improvement. The Committee of Management and Principal will make informed and ethical decisions that advance the current and future development of the school.
Beechworth Montessori School aims to:
- Engage in best practice governance, business and administration practices.
- Ensure financial accountability and transparency.
- Ensure the school is in a sound financial position.
- Ensure the ongoing financial viability of the school.
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal Government regulations.
- Apply for and maintain Montessori Quality Assurance.